I kind of suck at the whole New Year’s Resolution thing. I’m usually a glass-is-half-full kind of person, but most of the time, making resolutions just feels like I’m setting myself up for an epic failure. I’ve always admired people like Maggie Stiefvater who make their resolutions public and then chart their progress. Personally, the very idea scares the crap out of me.
I’m taking the plunge, pushing myself out of my comfort zone, and resolving to hold myself accountable for the following actions…*gulp*
- I will play tennis at least once a week. So much more fun than working out in a gym.
- I will finish writing current wip as well as one other story waiting in the wings.
- I will be better at staying in touch with certain friends on the phone. Even though I don’t understand what they have against email!
- I will be more present (i.e. not thinking about fictional people when I am with real people).
- If WISH YOU WEREN’T sells, I will buy hubby that kayak he’s been drooling over.
Okay, so it’s not a big list. I’m taking baby steps here. But I do believe that every new year is filled with plenty of hope and a belief anything is possible, even for someone who hates to make resolutions.
No matter what your hopes, dreams or goals are for the new year, I wish you all the best for 2011. Happy New Year!