I’ve been following Carrie Harris for a long time, from back in the days when Twilight parodies and Slayer (of Bees) stories debuted, people at the gym freaked us all out and Richard Simmons made regular appearances on her not quite so fancy blog. I still have emails from when she got her book deal and the fabulous prizes she sent after I zombified her two years ago.
But nothing could have prepared me for the awesomeness that is The Night of the Giving Dead. Not only is this woman funny, she’s generous too.
To celebrate the release of her debut YA novel, Bad Taste in Boys, Carrie is hosting an auction to benefit the Giving Library at the University of Michigan Mott Children’s Hospital, a hospital that serves about 70,000 kids. Yeah, totally worthy recipient, right?
Here are just a few of the items you can bid on:
- Signed copies of great books like Clarity by Kim Harrington and Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson.
- Audio cds of books like Torment by Lauren Kate
- Query and manuscript critiques from agents like Tina Wexler, Alyssa Eisner Henkin and Kate Schafer Testerman or authors like Beth Revis, Caroline Star Rose or Cynthea Liu.
- Weronika Janczuk is even offering a full manuscript critique and Michelle Wolfson has a 30 minute phone call up for grabs.
(Just, y’ know, don’t outbid me on the items I’ve bid on…pretty please! ;P)
But check out the grand prize drawings:
- A Kindle preloaded with Bad Taste in Boys OR
- A 6-month mentorship with Carrie herself
Even if you’ve already been to The Night of the Giving Dead, check it out again. New items are added as they come in so the lists keep growing.
Help sick kids, get cool stuff — it’s a win-win for sure. The auction only runs through July 25 so make sure you make your bids before time runs out.
And just so you know, tomorrow night while Carrie vicariously attends the midnight showing of Harry Potter with me, I’ll be catching my zzzz’s through her. We’re part of the Order of the Blog Ninjas. We can do things like that 😀